Nurture a Culture of Sharing: Social Media Policy 101
If you don't already have a social media policy in place for your company, my advice is: stop what you're doing, and create one today.
Because not only does a social media policy help manage your brand and give guidance and comfort to your staff on their responsibilities, its also a key business risk management issues that will help to show your governance of the risk in the (these days not-so) rare chance of issue/breach.
Few tips to create your social media policy:
1. Make it easy to follow
2. Give clear instructions on what is guidance and what are mandatory Do's & Dont's
3. Consult legal and compliance teams
4. Advise on company's sensitive and confidential information
5. Provide a standard disclaimer for staff to use
6. Keep negative (especially controversial) discussions offline
7. Content shared should align with standard employee policies and company values
Read the full article here.
We just sent you an email. Please click the link in the email to confirm your subscription!